The circumstances were:
- The employee was asked to repair a high level tear in the curtain sided lorry trailer unit
- The work had not been properly planned and no suitable equipment had been provided by the company.
- The firm also failed to monitor and supervise the work of its employees.
- To reach the tear, he got on top of a wooden pallet which was raised off the ground by a forklift.
- After completing the work, he called for another worker to lower him down.
- The lift truck lurched backwards, causing him to fall off the pallet.
- He suffered serious fractures to both his heels