Thursday 19 August 2010

Need to register a compactor

The Environmental Permitting Regulations 2010 have closed the loophole where you didn't need to register for exemption if you were compacting waste paper or plastic on the site where you produced it.
You now have to register for exemption if you compact (over a 7-day period):
  • Paper or cardboard up to 500 tonnes (outdoors) or 3000 tonnes (indoors)
  • Plastic up to 100 tonnes (outdoors) or 3000 tonnes (indoors)
Contact the Environment Agency and state that you would like to register a T4 activity for exemption.

Yes, I know it's ridiculous and would drive behaviour in the wrong direction (ie not compacting, thereby requiring more waste company vehicle journies, thereby using up natural resources and adding to CO2 emissions), but we're stuck with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment